Join NIESC and The Lead Learners for a day of professional learning designed to help you start conversations about your core literacy program and Science of Reading information.
Avoid the Reading Wars in Your School: Starting Conversations about Core Literacy Practices and Science of Reading Information
Are you exhausted trying to figure out how to bridge your core literacy program and Science of Reading information? You don’t have to figure it out alone! Join The Lead Learners for a day filled with the best aspects of professional learning designed to inspire and lead participants in determining the next steps for bridging conversations about literacy instruction at their schools.
- National presenters offer virtual presentations to deepen your knowledge base.
- How to Navigate Sold a Story podcast and Commit to Core Beliefs about Teaching Readers with Mary Brower
- Bridging Practices between Workshop Instruction and Science of Reading Information with Bitsy Parks
- Bridging the Instructional Needs of Multilingual Learners with Stella Villalba
- Five Things School Leaders Should Understand to Bridge Literacy Practices with Jennifer Schwanke
- Conversations with local educators to widen perspectives and strengthen understandings.
- Reflective practice experiences to guide you in tailoring the next steps for your school.
- Protocols and plans to replicate conversations in your home school.
June 8, 2023
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST (8:00 – 2:00 CST)
Region 7 ESC
Primary Audience: Instructional Influencers, Principals, Curriculum Directors, Teacher Leaders (Grades K-2)
Free Registration for The Lead Learners Members Coupon Code: TLLfree (Use the school email address in the checkout.)
$50 Discount for ESC Members Coupon Code: ESCdiscount (Use the school email address in the checkout.)
- You may register one person at a time. This ensures that each attendee receives direct emails with workshop information.
- If you are from a school district that is a member of The Lead Learners (list below), please use the coupon code: TLLfree for free registration.
- If your school district is an Indiana Educational Service Center member, please use the coupon code: ESCdiscount for a discounted price.
- If there are multiple registrations from the same district and you select “Invoice Payment,” all registrations will be included on one invoice. Please leave a note if you prefer separate invoices.
- When you register, you will be part of The Lead Learners email list.
Lunch will be provided. A google sheet will be sent for sign up. Expected lunch cost: $10.