Digitarium® Planetarium Systems
A planetarium helps students grasp abstract astronomical concepts and can spark enjoyment and interest in science. Digitarium digital planetarium systems stand out in price and performance, putting a full-featured planetarium within reach.
Think of the possibilities of having your own easy to use, full-featured planetarium at your disposal. Avoid the headache and expense of organizing a fieldtrip to an off-site planetarium. You can use your projection system as often as you need to cover your subject matter fully, and you can tailor your lessons to your students.
Digitarium systems offer advanced features to excite and engage your students. Zoom in on and label any object; demonstrate annual motion; display constellations from many cultures ; and much more. The system’s vast capabilities make it relevant for audiences of all ages. Project your own content on any subject.
- Demonstrate beginning through advanced astronomy concepts.
- Simulate the sky from any point on Earth or from other planets and moons.
- Move forward or backward in time at varying speeds.
- Simulate the solar system over a two million year time range.
- Show the effects of precession of the equinoxes and star proper motion over time.
- Show annual motion, including retrograde planetary motion.
- Simulate celestial phenomena such as transits and eclipses.
- Display orbits of the planets and moons.
- Display paths of solar system bodies against the stars.
- Display ecliptic, celestial equator, meridian, and equatorial and azimuthal grids.
- Show the entire celestial sphere with ONE piece of equipment.
- Experience atmospheric effects, such as sunsets or a blue sky (or turn off the atmosphere to view the stars during the day).
- Zoom in on or label items of interest.
- Show constellation outlines, names, and artwork one at a time, a few at a time, or all at once.
- Show constellations from multiple cultures (Western, Polynesian, Chinese, Navajo, ancient Egyptian, Lakota, Inuit, Inca, and more).
- Label the sky in approximately 70 different languages.
- Easily project your own image or video content using a USB drive or the internal hard drive.
- Use the video-in port to project other applications from a separate computer, if desired.
- Play fulldome video shows with 5.1 channel surround sound support.
- Play 360 spherical video easily.
- Use the powerful scripting feature to create your own shows, short segments, or special effects.
For more information on using the Digitarium, contact Les Turner at NIESC by email or by calling 574-254-0111